9/30/09

Awesome 7: We be 'stumin

You probably already know that one of my favorite past times is crafting, but even more than crafting, I love crafting with a purpose. Hence, my favorite holiday obviously is the one with the most purposeful crafts: Halloweeeeen Costumes. As tradition goes, my friend Jessie and I (please read previous Rattle-mug post for a brief overview of her awesomeness) are once again making just totally awesome 'stumes. Here is a recap of some past 'stumes:

hip hoppers

zombz

gyros trash

Coloradin'


Pretending to be graduates (we were also the only people not wearing cap 'n gown a the ceremony)


And my favorite 'stume of me n jessie was the time we were dinos:


There was one time we attempted to make complete monster suits out of fleece and hot glue, but the result was too horrific to document. As a last minute alternative, we went as this:

And this year, to make sure we had ample time to make awesome 'stumes, we spent awesome day 7 crafting away. We wanted to be this...
But, we aren't dogs.


Jessie personifies her 'stume subject

We were just being so awesome at the Craft Store


We went to Am Appy and took very literal photos

Then we found these awkward sweatshirts. Believe it or not they are perfect for our costumes.

My extra awesome mom gave me a sewing machine, and we took it on it's maiden voyage to Great 'Stumelandia

Bonez helped with the cutting




Can you guess what we're being yet? Probably not. Here are some obvious hints:


Just a really awesome day. Jam it: Into the Stream by The Tallest Man on Earth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment