1/3/09

HNY


Most definitely my finest year yet. A recap…


My year started in Shanghai Tunnel, the only downtown Portland bar that was without a New Years Eve cover charge. I kissed my best friend and wore hilarious glasses. A great way to begin.


I babysat 50 college students in Utah, and after 3 months of planning I was rewarded with the best powder and best memories imaginable.





I said goodbye to my amazing Grandfather and was able to hear firsthand the impact he had made upon hundreds of admiring people.



I did the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas drive through the American Southwest without encountering any bats.


I showed Vegas what was up. I also sang Kereoke "It's the End of the World as we Know it"in front of 400 people.



I had roommates I could have lived with forever.


I saw my brother graduate from Marine boot camp. And I finally got some respect.


I hiked in Moab.


I graduated from college.


I was able to see my sister in her natural habitat—the over crowded and ever “famous” city of Taiwan.


I learned a new kind of art.


I rode a bike down a volcano through Balinese rice paddies with my step mom.



I drove 24 hours straight with a cat, and only got pooped on once.


I was allowed to go to the Oregon County Fair for the first time. I got high with fairies.



I spent the summer finally getting to know my mom.


I doubled my money at a Blackjack table with my Dad.


I boarded a plane with no plan of coming home.



I explored the Australian coast with my best friend.



I moved to Fiji.


I celebrated Diwali.


I did what I loved, and got paid for it.




I conquered my fear of the Ocean by learning, and mastering, the art of SCUBA.


I moved to Argentina on a whim.


My year ended in Kentucky, the only restaurant in Buenos Aires that was open on New Years Eve. I kissed my boyfriend and wore a hilarious t-shirt. A great way to finish.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    everything about this post is perfect.
    minus the fact that there are no rollercoasters in it. my heart is hurt.

Post a Comment